In Transition

Demam and More Demam

It feels sooooo great to have that spare minutes just to lie on your bed without feeling guilty. Since you're the one who is holding the key to the office, extra minutes on the bed equates extra minutes your colleagues being locked outside.

Hah. The colleagues are very rajin I'm telling you. Tee-hee.

I was down with fever (again).. or is the flu bug has not really being terminated before. The somewhat dormant bugs, decide to attack poor ole me on my 2nd day at work. The bug even invited the very loooooong lost 'friend' of mine aka Migraine on Day 3! It was sooo long ago, I even forgot the throbbing sensations I had on my left side of head and eye are actually migraine. And the terrible stuffiness of the nose is actually the symptom.

With the sengau-ness, the colleagues had trouble in understanding what im talking about. Try that with a visiting librarian from Aussie. It was so kind of her, trying to make sense of the incoherent warblings from me. She was with us for 2 days, to help us (mainly me) with the library collection development, as well as giving me guides and insight in becoming a medical librarian. I have to watch more of Dr House, Grey's Anatomy and revisit ER, just to familiarize myself with the medical terms.

Day 4, i finally had time for myself, to go through the notes, process, procedures.. did a study of my own on the library.

Day 5, did my medical check-up during lunch break. Only to realize that the clinic closed at 1pm-2pm. Went to Vivo for what I thought a quick lunch of sandwich, mushroom soup and garlic bread. 20minutes later, the soup and the bread came (what took them soo longg?). Another 10minutes for the SANDWICH. Yes, 30minutes for a sandwich? It's not like i ordered cooked food. Vivo Pelangi really had the worst service. I was piss off, even asked the waitress to cancel my order. "On the way kak.. on the way", she said. I told her, "Saya nk cpt sbb tu saya order sandwich ok? Orang lain after me ordered baked spaghetti/rice bla bla dah dapat. APe benda ni?" (Please include mata fishball and flared nose)

Oh yes.. hungry syana and mad syana AND sick syana. Not a pretty sight.

Oh well, it's Saturday. Need to speed up those correction I need to do for the thesis, start writing the article for ICOLIS and prepare for ob the job training this Monday in KL.

Phew.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall i put it this way. Seems to me that many average class restaurants/cafes offer worst than worst service than ever. Even over here, & this week itself, i was deeply offended by 3 eating places. Bad food quality with insects inside, poor service, wrong order & food takes forever to come. I still believe my favorite warong mama teh sarabat offers the best service & quality.

p/s: & i hope yr flu bug is gone by now & hope they bug off from bugging u.

shoo bug shoo...

:)

3:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh syana, check UM punya medical collection & IIUM, boleh tolong kot...take care!

12:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lina: and they charged us 5% eh for service tax. cheh.

oh.. insect inside food mcm dah biase. penah tak u dapat pensil kaler wrapped inside ur whopper? haha. i kena once at BK singapore.

kak zafa: thank you! that's a gd idea. punyelah sibuk sampai lupe nk tgk tmpt asal sendri. hehe.

8:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lina: i baru checked comment lepas. that caricature , a friend to our friend yg lukiskan. we e-mailed our picture, then dah lukis she mail (snail mail) to napi's address. bayar pn atm transfer je. $12 per person. additional person tambah $7.

8:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoit kaler pensil wrapper tu da kong aja sikit! complain babe, jangan tak complain!

btw, 12SGD ke RM? So $19 for two? That includes postage fee? Ada contact number?

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lina: haha. kong ajar indeed. nasib baik i tgh baek hati time tu. jd gelak je tgk org2 BK jd gabra.

the pic is 12SGD. contact number eh..mebe can try email nora_wati@hotmail.com. her friend yg do the lukis2. we communicate thru her je. if u mail her, ckp la u friend of me n napi.

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok babe thanks.

Get well soon.

Cheers :0)

1:42 pm  

<< Home